New Beginnings is a programme designed to assist people in coping with the sudden and unexpected change of job loss. The methodology places emphasis on self assessment in the context of skills, strengths and interests, creating future employment options, winning CV preparation, job search and interview skills.
On this interactive programme, participants will engage in exercises, discussion, practical CV writing and interview practice.
The Objective of the training is to enable participants to cope with the change as it unfolds, and to prepare them thoroughly for the jobs market equipping them with confidence, self knowledge, and practical skills.
Learning Topics will include:
- Coping with change.
- Self assessment – strengths, skills, interests.
- Career Objectives.
- Understanding the employer’s point of view.
- CV preparation – Standard, Functional, Skill and Achievement oriented styles.
- Job search skills including networking.
- Interview preparation.
- Interview role play.
- Assessing performance at interview – learning from experience.
- Creating covering letters.
- Keeping the CV up to date, and tailoring the CV to the role being applied for.
The programme ideally runs over two days but a one-day version is also possible.
CV drafting is optional, as are follow-up meetings.